YOUR BUSINESS AUTHORITY
The 31st Circuit Judicial Commission has sent six names for two local judgeships to Gov. Mike Parson for consideration.
Parson has 60 days – the nominees were submitted yesterday – to appoint judges for the 31st Judicial Circuit, according to a pair of news releases.
One of the judgeships was vacated in September by Becky Borthwick. Previously a circuit judge for the 31st Judicial Circuit, which covers Greene County, she was named as a judge for the Missouri Court of Appeals, Southern District, according to past reporting.
The nominees for the circuit judge role left vacant by Borthwick are:
• Joshua B. Christensen, an attorney with Kutak Rock LLP;
• Anne Mills, an attorney with Courtney & Mills LLC; and
• S. Jacob Sappington, an attorney with Baty Otto Coronado Scheer PC.
The other vacant seat, an associate circuit judge role, previously was held by Jerry Harmison Jr., who was promoted to circuit judge.
The nominees for Harmison's former associate circuit judge role are:
• Kaiti Greenwade, prosecuting attorney of Dade County and an attorney with The Greenwade Law Firm LLC;
• Steven E. Kellogg, a public defender; and
• Daniel R. Wichmer, executive director of Legal Services of Southern Missouri.
Urban Studios LLC, a natural light photography studio and pop-up event space, opened; the Missouri State University Foundation became the new owner of event venue The Old Glass Place; and Polk County’s dining scene expanded with the opening of Flat Creek.