This simple recipe for two is similar in its richness to a great espresso drink. It's a dark and decadent sipping chocolate served hot, and a little goes a long way toward creating a perfect romantic moment. Pair with a chaser of brandy, Kahlua or other liqueur.
Why try? Just a few ingredients create one fabulous taste!
Foodie Byte: It's important to use top quality ingredients in this recipe. Ghiradelli chocolate is highly recommended.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 ounces Ghiradelli bittersweet chocolate (at least 60 percent cacao), chopped
- 4 ounces brandy (optional)
- In a small heavy saucepan, bring cream and milk to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat and quickly add chocolate, stirring until melted and very smooth.
- Return to medium-low heat and warm for 3 minutes or until a bubble or two form on the surface.
- Pour the hot chocolate into espresso cups.
- Serve immediately with a side of brandy or Kahlua--or the liqueur can be added to the hot chocolate.