YOUR BUSINESS AUTHORITY
Every business owner and executive has a team of professionals who help make the organization a success. They are accountants, bankers, lawyers, insurance agents, technology professionals and wealth managers.
Springfield Business Journal’s 2020 Trusted Advisers event honors 22 businesspeople, including up-and-comers for those with fewer than five years of experience and the Legacy Adviser pinnacle award, given to an industry veteran with over 20 years of experience. The program is now in its seventh year.
Chosen by an independent panel of judges, this year’s honorees by category and in alphabetical order are:
• Legacy Adviser: Bill Dunton, managing partner at Abacus CPAs LLC.
• Accountants: Michelle Goldsberry of PSC Accounting and Tax Service LLC; Ryan Sivill of BKD LLP; and Michele Smith of Elliott, Robinson & Co. LLP.
• Attorneys: William Beadle of Tolbert & Beadle LLC; Patrick Douglas of Douglas, Haun & Heidermann PC; and Jake Reinbold of Turner, Reid, Duncan, Loomer & Patton PC.
• Bankers: Steve Kelly of Arvest Bank; Scott McDonald of Central Bank of the Ozarks; and Janet Weber of U.S. Bank.
• Insurance Agents: Jeff Chronister of Ollis/Akers/Arney; Robbie Marks of HM Employee Benefits & Risk Management; and Ryan Sanders of Rich & Cartmill Inc.
• Technology Professionals: Chelsey Bode of Pearson-Kelly Technology; Kristin Dunn of JMark Business Solutions; and Richard Reding of TierOne.
• Wealth Managers: Becky Bonner of U.S. Bank Wealth Management; Kim Nichols of Morgan Stanley; and Justin Setser of Central Trust Co.
• Up-and-Comers: Austin Fax of Lowther Johnson Attorneys at Law LLC; Chase Marable of Connell Insurance Inc.; and Cristian Rath of Abacus CPAs LLC.
More information on the Sep. 11 Trusted Advisers event can be found at SBJ.net/trusted.
Urban Studios LLC, a natural light photography studio and pop-up event space, opened; the Missouri State University Foundation became the new owner of event venue The Old Glass Place; and Polk County’s dining scene expanded with the opening of Flat Creek.