Phoenix Home Care & Hospice’s Comprehensive Disease Management (CDM) program focuses on providing patients with palliative care and relief from symptoms, pain, and stress caused by serious illness, in addition to assisting them with completing advanced directives and discussing extended health care goals. This care can be provided alongside curative treatment.
Other goals of the CDM program include helping qualified people become established with Medicare and Medicaid programs, educating on community resources and providing a healthcare expert to guide people through the different levels of healthcare.
Phoenix will co-assess CDM with the client in order to best determine how Phoenix can deliver enhanced quality of life and life experiences.
There are many avenues in the full continuum of care:
• Privately Paid Services: Improving quality of life by help with the things that are most important – meal preparation, grooming and personal hygiene, basic housekeeping, nursing services and one-on-one care are just a few of the services offered under Privately Paid Services. Privately Paid Services can be provided in the client’s home, a nursing facility, or hospital. Phoenix Home Care & Hospice can help whether care is needed for two hours a day or around the clock. This care can be delivered on a temporary or ongoing basis.
• Hospice: Hospice provides comfort care and focuses on quality of life. Hospice is a benefit that is available to those who are facing a life-limiting illness. Hospice does not give us the power to shorten or prolong life. Hospice gives us the power to choose how we live.
• Home Health: Home Health services include Skilled Nursing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Lymphedema Specialists, Home Health Aids, IV Infusion/Therapy, Medical Social Work, Medication Management and Education, Wound Management, Disease Process Education, and In-Home Safety Evaluations.
• In-Home Services: In-Home Medicaid Services include homemaker chores, errands and shopping, personal care, education, and assistance with medication set-ups. Phoenix is there to help with the tasks that may seem simple, but have become an obstacle in daily life.
• Consumer Directed Services: Within Consumer Directed Services, the consumer is the employer and has the freedom to hire and direct his or her personal care attendants. Phoenix serves as a state vendor to provide administrative support services. Personal Care Attendants provide assistance with activities of daily living to help maintain and increase independence.
• Private Duty Nursing: Private Duty Nursing is a service where nurses are committed to creating precious moments for children and young adults with specialized healthcare needs by providing highly skilled nursing care and guidance. Through patience, honesty, and compassionate care, Phoenix guides families through each of their journeys. Through the eyes of a child, every day is a new beginning.
• WellPack/Medication Management: Medication management has never been more simple and convenient! Phoenix Home Care Pharmacy will package your routine medications according to the time of day they are prescribed and deliver them to your home each month. You can also receive inhalers, insulins, creams, and your as-needed medications. Phoenix will manage your refills and communicate with you and your doctors to ensure you are keeping well.
Phoenix Home Care & Hospice meets clients where they are and helps them get where they want to be by co-assessing their needs and offering a full continuum of care. When people are living with critical illnesses and need a healthcare professional for support and expertise, Phoenix Home Care & Hospice will be by their side.
Element Springfield South opened; Outlaw Gentlemen Barbershop added a second location; and wellness studio Stretch Zone launched.