YOUR BUSINESS AUTHORITY

Springfield, MO

Log in Subscribe

MRI adds new equipment

Posted online

MRI of Springfield has obtained a unique machine for providing magnetic resonance imaging, or MRI, a method used to look inside the human body and obtain diagnostic information without the use of X-rays, according to a news release from MRI of Springfield.

Conventional magnetic resonance machines require the patient to be in a small, confined space, causing problems for approximately 10 percent of patients due to obesity or claustrophobia, the company stated. The other 90 percent of patients often find the procedure uncomfortable and intimidating.

MRI of Springfield's new Hitachi Medical Systems America Inc. AIRIS magnetic resonance imaging system alleviates these problems. The AIRIS system features an open-air gantry design that provides complete patient access and increased patient comfort.

In addition to conventional magnetic resonance procedures, such as head and spine imaging, the new AIRIS MR system is suited for joint imaging. A number of abnormalities of the spine and joints are diagnosable only by acquiring images while taking the patient through a full range of motion. The AIRIS system allows clinic personnel access to the patient while he or she is undergoing MRI to assist with the necessary joint movements, the release stated.

MRI of Springfield was organized by owner Robert Coleman with the intent to provide prompt, courteous and economical diagnostic service for patients and referring clinicians.

"MRI of Springfield is here to offer physicians and the Springfield community access to the most advanced diagnostic imaging techniques currently available in the health care industry," Coleman said in the release. "We are the only locally owned, open MRI, and our priority is patient care and comfort, and service to the physicians and their personnel."

PHOTO CAPTION:

The AIRIS MRI machine's 34,000-pound magnet was delivered to MRI of Springfield at the Castle Gate Center, 1420 E. Bradford Pkwy., March 31.

[[In-content Ad]]

Comments

No comments on this story |
Please log in to add your comment
Editors' Pick
Open for Business: Lucid TLC Arts

Artist Tiffany Collins moved her Nixa art gallery, Lucid TLC Arts LLC, to a new location; a crystal jewelry maker who started on Etsy expanded with a storefront; and Fleur Floral Studio LLC transitioned to a home-based venture.

Most Read
SBJ.net Poll
Update cookies preferences