Community Foundation of the Ozarks Inc. on Friday issued additional COVID-19 Response and Recovery Fund grants, bringing the total past $1 million in three weeks of giving.
In the third round of grants announced April 17, CFO awarded $79,500 to nine nonprofits, according to a news release.
At $19,500, the largest grant was presented to the Ozarks SySTEAMic Coalition to support production of 3D-printed face shields for emergency workers. The nonprofit, which is known as O-STEAM, supports science, technology, engineering, the arts and mathematics in the Ozarks, according to its website.
The other nonprofits that received grants are:
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Springfield, $15,000 to provide food, supplies and virtual programming to its members;
• National Alliance on Mental Illness, $15,000 toward expenses for virtual support groups and its Warmline mental health service;
• Isabel’s House Crisis Nursery, $7,000 to purchase food, cleaning supplies and program materials for children who are in residence at the nonprofit;
• Children’s Smile Center, $5,000 to provide emergency dental support in Christian County;
• Ministerial Alliance of the Hermann Area, $5,000 to assist low-income families who are impacted by COVID-19;
• Mountain Grove Love Center Food Pantry, $5,000 to distribute food;
• Shepherd’s Nook Food Pantry, $5,000 to cover increased food pantry expenses in Dent County; and
• People Helping People, $3,000 to support food pantry expenses, with half paid by the Republic Community Foundation.
With the latest grants, CFO has awarded $1.23 million through the COVID-19 Response and Recovery Fund, according to the release.
CFO also on Friday awarded $250,000 in grants to rural communities through the Louis L. and Julia Dorothy Coover Charitable Foundation, in partnership with Commerce Trust Co.
Plans for the Finley Ridge apartment complex in the growing community of Ozark call for four buildings, four stories apiece, with 48 units each for a total of 192, as well as a 1,500-square-foot shared community and fitness room.