About a month into the fall semester at Ozarks Technical Community College, 15,179 students have been counted, an all-time enrollment high for the school.
The change represents a 9.1 percent increase compared to fall 2010, when 13,907 students were enrolled
, according to a news release.
"To go from just over 1,000 students to more than 15,000 in only 20 years is remarkable," OTC Chancellor Hal Higdon said in the release. "We look forward to serving even more students as we continue to expand and open additional facilities throughout the area, including the new OTC Table Rock Campus in Hollister."
OTC has recorded growth at all of its campuses and education centers. The breakdown is:
- Springfield, 10,185 students, up 6.8 percent;
- Richwood Valley, 1,297 students, up 9.6 percent;
- Lebanon, 641 students, up 9.9 percent;
- Branson, 495 students, up 11.2 percent; and
- Waynesville, 443 students, up 21.7 percent.
OTC's online program also has grown by 17.8 percent with 2,116 students enrolled and 4,674 students taking at least one online class, the release said.[[In-content Ad]]