Greene County officials elected and re-elected in the Nov. 2 general election took their oaths of office Jan. 1.
Of the nine county officials who took their oaths Saturday, three were newcomers to their positions.
Jim Viebrock unseated 16-year veteran Dave Coonrod to become Greene County presiding commissioner.
Cheryl Dawson, recorder of deeds, took the position previously held by Linda Montgomery, who didn't run in the November election.
Dan Patterson, prosecuting attorney, ran unopposed in the general election, and takes the place of Darrell Moore for the position. Moore ran for the U.S. House of Representatives District 7 seat but lost in the primaries.
Returning officers sworn in Jan. 1:
- Dan Conklin, judge, Division 3
- Dan Imhof, judge, Division 21
- Mark Fitzsimmons, judge, Division 23
- Stephen Helms, circuit clerk
- Richard Struckhoff, county clerk
- Cindy Stein, county auditor
The officials' first business day is today.[[In-content Ad]]