YOUR BUSINESS AUTHORITY
Here’s the Dynamic Dozen selection process from start to finish:
1. Nominations are submitted from across the business community.
2. Nominees are issued questionnaires to complete for the judges’ consideration. Eligible companies must report gross revenue of at least $250,000 in each year evaluated, and they must operate a headquarters in SBJ’s 50-mile coverage area around Springfield or provide segmented revenues for the 50-mile radius.
3. SBJ selects an independent panel of judges to evaluate each submitted questionnaire to choose the individual awards and the Tenacious Company of the Year award.
4. A third party independently verifies the total score of each company based on revenue growth and percentage of revenue growth year-over-year, 2018-20, to determine the top 12 fastest-growing companies. Judges are asked to break any ties.
5. Judges are asked to recuse themselves from scoring nominees considered a conflict of interest.
6. SBJ tallies the scores, announces the honorees and reveals the judges.
Urban Studios LLC, a natural light photography studio and pop-up event space, opened; the Missouri State University Foundation became the new owner of event venue The Old Glass Place; and Polk County’s dining scene expanded with the opening of Flat Creek.
Drury president resigns abruptly
Commercial project in the works near Campbell, Sunset
Springfield coffee shop closing
Mexican restaurant chain expands to Springfield
Springfield theater vet Jerry-Mac Johnston dies
Chamber announces Small Business Award finalists