Here’s the Dynamic Dozen selection process from start to finish:
1. Nominations are submitted from across the business community.
2. Nominees are issued questionnaires to complete for the judges’ consideration. Eligible companies must report gross revenue of at least $250,000 in each year evaluated, and they must operate a headquarters in SBJ’s 50-mile coverage area around Springfield or provide segmented revenues for the 50-mile radius.
3. SBJ selects an independent panel of judges to evaluate each submitted questionnaire to choose the individual awards and the Tenacious Company of the Year award.
4. A third party independently verifies the total score of each company based on revenue growth and percentage of revenue growth year-over-year, 2018-20, to determine the top 12 fastest-growing companies. Judges are asked to break any ties.
5. Judges are asked to recuse themselves from scoring nominees considered a conflict of interest.
6. SBJ tallies the scores, announces the honorees and reveals the judges.
Art Zone LLC, Launch Virtual Learning Center and The Permit Shop relocated.