- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag (12 oz.) dark chocolate chips
- 1 stick butter, softened and divided
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
More and more people are looking for great taste in a gluten-free version, and we've accomplished it with this recipe. It's part of our Chocolate Trends report that says we want our chocolate regardless of our dietary needs!
Foodie Byte: This recipe was inspired by one found in the book by Diane Mott Davidson, "Sticks and Scones." Considered comfort food in it's original form, we hope she won't mind us making them so that those with gluten intolerance can be comforted as well!
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in microwave, then add the sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture.
- Add nuts (optional)
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease two cookie sheets, or use parchment paper.
- Drop by teaspoonsful onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-11 minutes; cookies will be flat. Do not overbake; the cookies will firm up as they cool.