|7/24/2012 4:39:00 PM|
Recipe: Carrot Beet Salad
From The Kitchens of The Food Channel
- 4 – 15 ounce cans (6 cups) julienne cut beets
- 10 ounce package julienne cut carrots
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, rough chopped
- 6 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
This healthy vibrant salad can be prepared in no time, has plenty of crunch with just a hint of orange flavor, and is a perfect addition to a summertime picnic.
- Drain beets well. Combine beets and carrots.
- Add parsley to beet and carrot mixture.
- Combine all dressing ingredients and whisk well to blend.
- Pour dressing over mixture and toss well. Refrigerate for at least an hour so the flavors have time to blend together.
- Top with feta just before serving
Article Comment Submission Form